Quicker Stollen Recipe
This fast version of this holiday classic is made extra speedy by the use of hot roll mix. It eliminates waiting for the dough to rise and the final resting time.Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup mixed candied fruit
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Additional candied cherries and sliced almonds, optional
- In a bowl, combine the contents of the roll mix and yeast packets with the sugar. Stir in the water, butter, egg, lemon peel and extract to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface. Knead in raisins, candied fruit and almonds, about 5 minutes. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Roll or press dough into a 12-in. x 7-in. oval. Fold a long side over to within 1-in. of opposite side; press edge lightly to seal. Place on greased baking sheet; curve ends slightly. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 20-30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Combine confectioners' sugar and milk; spread over stollen. Decorate with cherries and almonds if desired. Yield: 1 loaf.
Originally published as Quicker Stollen in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p36
Reviews for Quicker Stollen(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review