Quicker Stollen Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup mixed candied fruit
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Additional candied cherries and sliced almonds, optional
- In a bowl, combine the contents of the roll mix and yeast packets with the sugar. Stir in the water, butter, egg, lemon peel and extract to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface. Knead in raisins, candied fruit and almonds, about 5 minutes. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Roll or press dough into a 12-in. x 7-in. oval. Fold a long side over to within 1-in. of opposite side; press edge lightly to seal. Place on greased baking sheet; curve ends slightly. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 20-30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Combine confectioners' sugar and milk; spread over stollen. Decorate with cherries and almonds if desired. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Quicker Stollen(1)
Sort By :
I have made this for years and it is now a family favorite. Not dry like the traditional german stollen. Very moist. Much better than my German mother in laws version. It is so dry she puts melted butter over hers. This is moist like a cinnamon roll.