In this potato salad, I swapped olives for sweet pickle relish and used one fewer egg. Plus, I replaced the mayonnaise with a fat-free version.—Beth Ask, Ulster, Pennsylvania
- 3 medium baked or cooked potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- Peel and cube the potatoes; place in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with vinegar and sugar. Add celery, onion, pickle relish, celery seed and salt. fold in mayonnaise and egg. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Quicker Potato Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p53
Reviews for Quicker Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2013
"Made this when grandchildren came over and my super fussy eater loved it. Will make as my go to potatoe salad recipe"