In this potato salad, I swapped olives for sweet pickle relish and used one fewer egg. Plus, I replaced the mayonnaise with a fat-free version.—Beth Ask, Ulster, Pennsylvania
- 3 medium baked or cooked potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- Peel and cube the potatoes; place in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with vinegar and sugar. Add celery, onion, pickle relish, celery seed and salt. fold in mayonnaise and egg. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Quicker Potato Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p53
Reviews for Quicker Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2013
"Made this when grandchildren came over and my super fussy eater loved it. Will make as my go to potatoe salad recipe"