Quicker Potato Rolls Recipe
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1/2 cup warm milk (120° to 130°)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup mashed potato flakes
- 2 eggs
- 1. In a bowl, combine 1 cup flour, sugar,yeast and salt; set aside. In another bowl, combine water, milk and butter; stir in potato flakes. Let stand for 1 minute. Add to dry ingredients. Add one egg; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Divide dough into 12 pieces; shape each into a ball. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Place a large shallow pan on the counter; fill half full with boiling water. Place baking pan containing rolls over the water-filled pan. Cover and let rise for 15 minutes. Lightly beat remaining egg; brush over rolls. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 196 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 255mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Quicker Potato Rolls
"I have been making these rolls for every family holiday since they first appeared in the magazine. Last year my oven was broken and my family was very disappointed. I've even had requests for them at other get-togethers. They're fast and really tasty. If you haven't tried them yet, do it now. You won't be disappointed!"