Quicker Potato Rolls Recipe
In this fast recipe, instant mash potatoes help reduce the time it takes to make these tender, taste rolls.—Teri Albrecht, Gaithersburg, Maryland
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1/2 cup warm milk (120° to 130°)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup mashed potato flakes
- 2 eggs
- 1. In a bowl, combine 1 cup flour, sugar,yeast and salt; set aside. In another bowl, combine water, milk and butter; stir in potato flakes. Let stand for 1 minute. Add to dry ingredients. Add one egg; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Divide dough into 12 pieces; shape each into a ball. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Place a large shallow pan on the counter; fill half full with boiling water. Place baking pan containing rolls over the water-filled pan. Cover and let rise for 15 minutes. Lightly beat remaining egg; brush over rolls. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 196 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC