Quicker Pork Chops Over Stuffing Recipe
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) stuffing mix
- 3-1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 8 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 to 3/4 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- Worcestershire sauce, optional
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the vegetable/seasoning packets from stuffing mix with broth and butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in stuffing. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. Spoon stuffing into eight mounds in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place a pork chop over each mound. Sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce if desired.
- 3. Cover and bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 209 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 894 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.