Boxed stuffing mix eliminates the need to cube bread and chop onion and celery, yet provides homemade flavor. Tender boneless chops instead of bone-in chops cuts down on the cooking time, too, without sacrificing flavor.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) stuffing mix
- 3-1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 8 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 to 3/4 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- Worcestershire sauce, optional
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the vegetable/seasoning packets from stuffing mix with broth and butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in stuffing. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Spoon stuffing into eight mounds in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place a pork chop over each mound. Sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce if desired.
- Cover and bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Quicker Pork Chops Over Stuffing in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p46
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Quicker Pork Chops Over Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review