Quicker Mushroom Beef Stew Recipe
- 1 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups water
- 4 teaspoons beef base
- 2 packages (17 ounces each) refrigerated beef tips with gravy
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- Crumbled blue cheese
- 1. Saute the mushrooms, carrots and onion in butter in a Dutch oven until tender. Add garlic and rosemary; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour and pepper until blended; gradually add water. Stir in beef base.
- 2. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add beef tips with gravy; heat through. Serve with noodles and cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/4 cups (calculated without noodles or blue cheese) equals 237 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 1,077 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Quicker Mushroom Beef Stew
"Very good! It didn't thicken as much as I wanted, so I mixed in some cornstarch. We'll be making this again, though!"
"Just made this on a chilly night and it was great! Added a little bit of salt in with the flour & pepper. I'd call this dish - Company Worthy!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.