Quicker Mushroom Beef Stew Recipe
Forget beef stew that takes all day to prepare. This version is just as tasty and it’s ready to eat in a fraction of the time! You’ll love the quick-cooking beef tips and loads of fresh veggies. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups water
- 4 teaspoons beef base
- 2 packages (17 ounces each) refrigerated beef tips with gravy
- Hot cooked egg noodles and crumbled blue cheese
- 1. Saute the mushrooms, carrots and onion in butter in a Dutch oven until tender. Add garlic and rosemary; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour and pepper until blended; gradually add water. Stir in beef base.
- 2. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add beef tips with gravy; heat through. Serve with noodles and cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC