Quicker Lemon Angel Food Supreme Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- LEMON SAUCE:
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1. Prepare cake batter according to package directions, adding lemon peel and extract. Bake according to package directions. After baking, immediately invert pan and cool completely. For the sauce, combine the pie filling, milk, lemon juice and extract in a bowl; beat until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Serve with cake. Store sauce in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 291 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 311 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Quicker Lemon Angel Food Supreme
"Delicious recipe for all of us lemon-lovers! Will be making this treat again for our Easter dessert!"
"And I made it even quicker than this!: I bought a ready-made angel food cake and made the sauce (without extract) to serve along side the cake. I work full time with 3 kids and need to have foods made in a jiffy, especially on an activity night. All 3 kids have gobbled this up!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.