Quicker Lemon Angel Food Supreme Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- LEMON SAUCE:
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1. Prepare cake batter according to package directions, adding lemon peel and extract. Bake according to package directions. After baking, immediately invert pan and cool completely. For the sauce, combine the pie filling, milk, lemon juice and extract in a bowl; beat until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Serve with cake. Store sauce in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 291 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Quicker Lemon Angel Food Supreme
"Delicious recipe for all of us lemon-lovers! Will be making this treat again for our Easter dessert!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.