Quicker Comforting Chicken
This recipe uses canned potatoes and frozen baby carrots to speed up the recipe. Along with quicker-cooking chicken breast, the canned and frozen vegetables reduce the simmering time, so this dinner can be on the table in less than half an hour.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1-1/2 cups frozen baby carrots, thawed
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (15 ounces) small whole potatoes, drained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook chicken, onion and carrots in butter until
- chicken is lightly browned. Add potatoes. Cover and cook over medium
- heat for 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add the
- cream, parsley, salt and pepper. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for
- 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 605 calories, 47 g fat (29 g saturated fat), 205 mg cholesterol, 856 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley
, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now