This recipe uses canned potatoes and frozen baby carrots to speed up the recipe. Along with quicker-cooking chicken breast, the canned and frozen vegetables reduce the simmering time, so this dinner can be on the table in less than half an hour.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1-1/2 cups frozen baby carrots, thawed
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (15 ounces) small whole potatoes, drained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook chicken, onion and carrots in butter until chicken is lightly browned. Add potatoes. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add the cream, parsley, salt and pepper. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Quicker Comforting Chicken in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p40
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Quicker Comforting Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review