Quicker Chicken and Dumplings (speedier version) Recipe
This faster version of traditional chicken and dumplings uses canned broth. It is ready to eat in about a third of the time, thanks to chicken breasts and purchased biscuit mix.Edna Hoffman, Hebron, Indiana
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes, divided
- 2 cups Bisquick® mix
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- In a 5-qt. Dutch oven or kettle, combine the broth, celery, carrots, bay leaf and 1 teaspoon parsley; bring to a boil.
- For dumplings, in a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, thyme and nutmeg; stir in milk and remaining parsley just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto boiling broth. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes; cover and cook 10 minutes longer.
- With a slotted spoon, remove dumplings to a serving dish; keep warm. Bring broth to a boil; reduce heat. Add chicken; heat through. Discard bay leaf. Spoon over dumplings. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Quicker Chicken and Dumplings (speedier version) in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p53
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Quicker Chicken and Dumplings (speedier version)(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken and Dumplings >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Dumplings Side Dish Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >