- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt. Gradually stir in milk. Spoon 1 teaspoon caramel topping into each of six ungreased 6-oz. custard cups.
- Place cups in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour egg mixture into each cup (cups will be full). Fill baking dish with 1 in of hot water.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until centers are almost set (mixture will jiggle). Remove custard cups from water to a wire rack; cool for 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until thoroughly chilled. Invert and unmold onto rimmed dessert dishes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Quicker Caramel Flan in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p34
Reviews for Quicker Caramel Flan
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review