This shortcut version of traditional flan is made with convenient caramel ice cream topping to reduce prep time. Since it's prepared in individual custard cups, the baking time in nearly cut in half.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt. Gradually stir in milk. Spoon 1 teaspoon caramel topping into each of six ungreased 6-oz. custard cups.
- Place cups in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour egg mixture into each cup (cups will be full). Fill baking dish with 1 in of hot water.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until centers are almost set (mixture will jiggle). Remove custard cups from water to a wire rack; cool for 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until thoroughly chilled. Invert and unmold onto rimmed dessert dishes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Quicker Caramel Flan in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p34
Reviews for Quicker Caramel Flan
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review