- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, divided
- 2 tablespoons blueberry preserves
- 16 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Beat the cream cheese, 2 tablespoons syrup and preserves in a small bowl. Spread over eight slices of bread; top with remaining bread.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, flour, vanilla, salt and remaining syrup in a shallow bowl. Dip both sides of sandwiches into egg mixture. Cook on a greased hot griddle until golden brown on both sides.
- Combine the sugar, water and cornstarch until smooth in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until thickened. Stir in blueberries; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until berries burst. Remove from heat; stir in butter. Serve with French toast. Yield: 8 servings (1-3/4 cups sauce).
Reviews for Quicker Blueberry French Toast
Sort By :
"Delicious and easy!! Liked by all!"
"HOLY COW!! This was awesome. I've been making this every weekend for the last 2 months. This is the first choice when I ask what they want for breakfast. I started putting some blueberries on the cream cheese as well. Easy to make for 2 as well."
"Made this for breakfast this weekend and it was amazing!!!!!"
"Wow! These were so easy and delicious! I didn't have blueberry preserves, so I just added a few crushed blueberries to the cream cheese. Thank you for sharing!!"
"This was such a delicious treat! The french bread insures that it does not get soggy and holds up great!!! Superb"