Quicker Blueberry French Toast Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, divided
- 2 tablespoons blueberry preserves
- 16 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Beat the cream cheese, 2 tablespoons syrup and preserves in a small bowl. Spread over eight slices of bread; top with remaining bread.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, flour, vanilla, salt and remaining syrup in a shallow bowl. Dip both sides of sandwiches into egg mixture. Cook on a greased hot griddle until golden brown on both sides.
- Combine the sugar, water and cornstarch until smooth in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until thickened. Stir in blueberries; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until berries burst. Remove from heat; stir in butter. Serve with French toast. Yield: 8 servings (1-3/4 cups sauce).
Reviews for Quicker Blueberry French Toast (9)
Sort By :
Made this for breakfast this weekend and it was amazing!!!!!
Wow! These were so easy and delicious! I didn't have blueberry preserves, so I just added a few crushed blueberries to the cream cheese. Thank you for sharing!!
This was such a delicious treat! The french bread insures that it does not get soggy and holds up great!!! Superb
I love cream cheese and I love blueberries so I couldn't wait to try this recipe. It's even better than it sounds! A dollop of whipped cream on top and I would call this dessert. Yummy!!
Fabulous, special occasion breakfast! I cut the amount of the cream cheese and maple syrup for the filling in half, as the recipe makes much more filling than needed, and spread the bread with the preserves, so I probably used more than 2 Tablespoons, everything else was according to the recipe. A very special treat...delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- French Toast Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >