- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (10 ounces) 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 2-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) cream cheese frosting
- 2 Butterfinger candy bars (2.1 ounces each), coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped honey-roasted peanuts
- Grease and flour three 9-in. round baking pans; set aside. Combine the cake mix, water, 1/2 cup peanut butter, eggs, oil and vanilla in a large bowl; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pans (pans will have a shallow fill).
- Bake at 350° for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Place chocolate chips in a large bowl. Bring cream and brown sugar to a boil in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour cream mixture over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Stir in remaining peanut butter until blended. Chill until mixture reaches a spreading consistency. Spread between layers.
- Frost top and sides of cake. Garnish with chopped candy bars and peanuts. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Quicker Blue-Ribbon Peanut Butter Torte
Sort By :
"If you read the label on canned cream cheese frosting you will discover it doesn't contain cream cheese. I would make this cake with my own frosting."
"With the peanut butter, Butterfingers, brown sugar and cream cheese frosting, it's safe to say that you will bust your carb/sugar intake! Enjoy an insanely large piece with a tall glass of milk, then take a walk in a truly beautiful winter wonderland!"
"One of the best tasting cakes I've ever had. Would like to have the Nutritional Information added to this recipe!"