Quicker Blue-Ribbon Peanut Butter Torte Recipe
No one will guess that this tall, tiered cake isn’t completely homemade. Chunky peanut butter is stirred into both the cake batter and the decadent chocolate ganache, giving each layer a rich, from-scratch taste. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter, divided
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (10 ounces) 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 2-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) cream cheese frosting
- 2 Butterfinger candy bars (2.1 ounces each), coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped honey-roasted peanuts
- Grease and flour three 9-in. round baking pans; set aside. Combine the cake mix, water, 1/2 cup peanut butter, eggs, oil and vanilla in a large bowl; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pans (pans will have a shallow fill).
- Bake at 350° for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Place chocolate chips in a large bowl. Bring cream and brown sugar to a boil in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour cream mixture over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Stir in remaining peanut butter until blended. Chill until mixture reaches a spreading consistency. Spread between layers.
- Frost top and sides of cake. Garnish with chopped candy bars and peanuts. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Quicker Blue-Ribbon Peanut Butter Torte in Simple & Delicious February/March 2013, p45
Reviews for Quicker Blue-Ribbon Peanut Butter Torte(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2013
One of the best tasting cakes I've ever had. Would like to have the Nutritional Information added to this recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Cake >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >