- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme, divided
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak or boneless beef top round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- On a floured surface, roll pastry to 1/8-in. thickness. Brush with water. Sprinkle with cheese and 1/4 teaspoon thyme; press lightly. Using a 3-in. biscuit cutter, cut out four 3-in. circles. Place circles and remaining pastry on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown beef in oil for 5 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the vegetables, gravy, mushrooms, garlic salt, pepper and remaining thyme; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Set pastry circles aside. Break remaining pastry into 2-in. pieces; place in soup bowls. Top with beef mixture and pastry circles. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Quicker Beef PotPie in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p53
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Quicker Beef PotPie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review