Quicker Barbecued Chicken 'n' Rice Recipe
To speed up a classic, we used a bottle of barbecue sauce. It doesn't sacrifice the dish's tangy flavor. Instant rice also speeds up the dish.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1-1/4 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1. Combine rice and broth in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with chicken. Combine barbecue sauce, onion and celery seed; pour over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 256 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 636 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC