Quicker Barbecued Chicken 'n' Rice
To speed up a classic, we used a bottle of barbecue sauce. It doesn't sacrifice the dish's tangy flavor. Instant rice also speeds up the dish.Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1-1/4 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- Combine rice and broth in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top
- with chicken. Combine barbecue sauce, onion and celery seed; pour
- over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or
- until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 256 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 636 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.