To speed up a classic, we used a bottle of barbecue sauce. It doesn't sacrifice the dish's tangy flavor. Instant rice also speeds up the dish.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Recommended: 65 One-Dish Dinners That Make Cleanup a Breeze
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1-1/4 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- Combine rice and broth in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with chicken. Combine barbecue sauce, onion and celery seed; pour over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Quicker Barbecued Chicken 'n' Rice in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p59
Reviews for Quicker Barbecued Chicken 'n' Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review