To speed up a classic, we used a bottle of barbecue sauce. It doesn't sacrifice the dish's tangy flavor. Instant rice also speeds up the dish.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1-1/4 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- Combine rice and broth in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with chicken. Combine barbecue sauce, onion and celery seed; pour over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Quicker Barbecued Chicken 'n' Rice in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p59
Reviews for Quicker Barbecued Chicken 'n' Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 9, 2016
"So easy and economical to make but so tasty!"
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2010
"What a great recipe! Soooo easy and packed with flavor!~ Theresa"