Quick Zesty Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large saucepan, brown beef; drain. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 184 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 273 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Quick Zesty Chili
"This was a very good recipe except I wasn't very pleased with adding the cinnamon. The next time I make it I will leave that ingredient out. :)"