This chili always has everyone coming back for seconds—that's because I use fresh tomatoes in the recipe. I've been married 31 years and our two grown children still like to come home to eat "Mom's cooking"!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large saucepan, brown beef; drain. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Quick Zesty Chili in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p12
Reviews for Quick Zesty Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 15, 2011
"This was a very good recipe except I wasn't very pleased with adding the cinnamon. The next time I make it I will leave that ingredient out. :)"