Quick Wild Rice Soup Recipe
- 10 bacon strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towels to drain. Reserve 1 teaspoon drippings; saute onion in drippings.
- 2. In a large saucepan, cook rice according to package directions. Stir in the soup, milk, cheese and onion. Crumble eight strips of bacon; add to soup. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Crumble remaining bacon and sprinkle over soup. Yield: 6-8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 355 calories, 23 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 972 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Quick Wild Rice Soup
"This has become a family favorite for years. Quick and easy. Great on a cold winter night."