Quick Wild Rice Salad Recipe
Mom harvested her own wild rice when we were kids. So wild rice dishes were a special treat for us. This is still one of my favorite foods. I assure you you'll enjoy this hearty, satisfying salad anytime of year.—Jean Halldorson, Mozart, Saskatchewan
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a bowl, combine rice, eggs, cheese, mayonnaise and olives; mix well. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- 2. Just before serving, add the pecans and toss. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 408 calories, 34g fat (8g saturated fat), 171mg cholesterol, 399mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein
Reviews for Quick Wild Rice Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC