Lauri Pobanz combines white corn, great northern beans and leftover turkey to prepare this steaming chili. "I appreciate how fast it is to make- and that my husband and our four children like it," notes the Lincoln, Nebraska cook. "I often bake a pan of corn bread to go with it."
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-3/4 cups chicken or turkey broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (7 ounces) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in oil until tender. Stir in the broth, turkey, beans, corn, chilies, cumin and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat,; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Garnish with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as White Turkey chili in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p54
Reviews for Quick White Turkey Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review