“This recipe went from a great mistake to a tasty triumph," writes Cynthia Lynn Bloemker from Effingham, Illinois. "I created it by accident…and it got rave reviews. Now I whip up this quick-as-lightening dish when I’m pinched for time.”
- 1 jar (48 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (one 10 ounces, one 5 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained
- 1-1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Additional sour cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; remove from the heat. Add cheese and cilantro; stir until cheese is melted. Garnish with additional sour cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as White Chili in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p31
Reviews for Quick White Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review