Quick White Bean Turkey Chili
My husband came home from a sales trip to the East Coast raving about white bean chili. This is our version.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound turkey breast tenderloin
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup canned great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese or sour cream, optional
- Cut turkey tenderloin lengthwise into quarters. In a skillet, cook
- the turkey, onion and garlic in butter until turkey is no longer
- pink and vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove turkey and let stand
- until cool enough to handle. Cut into cubes. Transfer vegetables to
- a saucepan. Add the turkey, broth, beans, tomatoes, salsa, parsley
- and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for
- 12-16 minutes or until slightly thickened. Top each serving with
- cheese or sour cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups (prepared with 1 teaspoon butter, reduced-sodium chicken broth and without cheese or sour cream) equals 267 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 995 mg sodium,