My husband came home from a sales trip to the East Coast raving about white bean chili. This is our version.
- 1/2 pound turkey breast tenderloin
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup canned great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese or sour cream, optional
- Cut turkey tenderloin lengthwise into quarters. In a skillet, cook the turkey, onion and garlic in butter until turkey is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove turkey and let stand until cool enough to handle. Cut into cubes. Transfer vegetables to a saucepan. Add the turkey, broth, beans, tomatoes, salsa, parsley and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-16 minutes or until slightly thickened. Top each serving with cheese or sour cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as White Bean Turkey Chili in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p168
Reviews for Quick White Bean Turkey Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review