From Benton Harbor, Michigan, Katina Tanner sends a low-fat party starter. "This is a wonderful way o use fresh basil," she says. "Increase the amount of herbs if you like or replace the pita chips with crackers for variety."
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Baked pita chips
- In a food processor, combine the beans, oil and garlic; cover and process until smooth. Add the basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper; cover and process until blended. Serve with pita chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
Originally published as White Bean Dip in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p23
Reviews for Quick White Bean Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2009
"My family LOVES this dip it has quickly become a favorite for gatherings and holidays"