Quick Watermelon Salsa
On hot days, this sweet salsa with watermelon, pineapple and fresh cilantro is sure to satisfy. Betsy Hanson tosses it together in a matter of minutes in her Tiverton, Rhode Island kitchen.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups chopped seedless watermelon
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 3
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup salsa (calculated without chips) equals 23 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fruit.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.