Quick Vegetable Soup Recipe
While I enjoyed making soup from scratch, time doesn't often allow me to spend hours in the kitchen. This fast soup gets a head start from frozen vegetables and leftover meat.
- 1 quart chicken broth or stock
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cabbage
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash sugar
- 1/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup leftover cubed cooked chicken or beef roast
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the broth, tomatoes, onion, cabbage, vegetables and seasonings to a boil. Add macaroni; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Add meat; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 116 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 796mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Quick Vegetable Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC