Quick Vegetable Salad Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the corn, tomato, celery, cucumber, green pepper and onion.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; gently blend into the salad. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with no-salt-added corn, reduced-fat sour cream and fat-free mayonnaise and without added salt) equals 58 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.