Quick Vegetable Salad Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the corn, tomato, celery, cucumber, green pepper and onion.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; gently blend into the salad. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup: 58 calories, 1g fat (0g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 1 vegetable
Reviews for Quick Vegetable Salad
"Very light and tasty side dish. We served with fish. The prep time takes longer than 10 min when you factor in all the chopping, but its still a quick and tasty recipe!"
"delicious, light, the dressing doesn't overpower the vegetable flavors. I'll be making this one again soon!"