Quick Vegetable Salad Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the corn, tomato, celery, cucumber, green pepper and onion.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; gently blend into the salad. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup: 58 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Quick Vegetable Salad
"The sauce for this salad tasted like a coleslaw sauce. I loved the different veggies that went in it, as oppose to cabbage. I used cherry tomatoes and seeded the cucumber because I didn't want too much liquid in it. Very good!"
"Very light and tasty side dish. We served with fish. The prep time takes longer than 10 min when you factor in all the chopping, but its still a quick and tasty recipe!"
"delicious, light, the dressing doesn't overpower the vegetable flavors. I'll be making this one again soon!"