Quick Vegetable Couscous Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup uncooked couscous
- 1. In a saucepan, saute onion in oil for 1 minute. Stir in the mushrooms, carrot, garlic and ginger. Cook and stir until vegetables are almost tender. Stir in the broth, soy sauce and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 160 calories, 4g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 vegetable, 0 fat.
Reviews for Quick Vegetable Couscous
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.