We love couscous, especially when we tire of potatoes, rice or pasta.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup uncooked couscous
- In a saucepan, saute onion in oil for 1 minute. Stir in the mushrooms, carrot, garlic and ginger. Cook and stir until vegetables are almost tender. Stir in the broth, soy sauce and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Couscous in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p250
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Quick Vegetable Couscous
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review