Quick Turkey Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 6 ounces uncooked multigrain spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the turkey, pepper, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, spaghetti, water and garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until spaghetti and vegetables are tender. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Quick Turkey Spaghetti
Sort By :
"Pretty quick and easy. I substituted Ragu for the tomato sauce which helped with the liquids and the flavor."
"My family was very disappointed in this - sounded like a tasty quick supper but we found it to be pretty bland and way too starchy tasting. Not awful but not good enough to make again."
"Very quick meal but needs more spices."
"I left off the peppers and mushrooms because I don't like them AT ALL. I love spaghetti sauce made with ground turkey."
"The base of the recipe is fine, just needs spices. Oregano, marjoram, thyme, bay leaf, onions and, of course, garlic. Try using some Hot Italian Turkey sausage to 'spice it up'."