Quick Turkey Scallopini Recipe
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) turkey breast cutlets
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- Paprika, optional
- 1. In a shallow bowl, mix flour and seasonings. Dip cutlets in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat. Add turkey in batches and cook 2-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove to a serving plate; keep warm.
- 2. Add wine to pan; increase heat to medium-high. Cook 30 seconds, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and broth until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 3. Stir in sour cream and mustard; heat through. Pour over turkey. If desired, sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 4 servings.
4 ounces cooked turkey with about 2 tablespoons sauce : 263 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Quick Turkey Scallopini
"this was so good will make it again!!"
"We had the cutlets last night they were excellent will have them again. They are going in my favorites list."
"This recipe was really delicious. I also added some cayenne pepper (as per previous comments) and reduced the amount of flour a bit to reduce clumping when the wine is added"
"My family of 4 including my children all loved it. It was a tiny bit bland and if I were to make it again, I would add more spices, but overall the turkey was tender and the sauce was delicious."
"Excellent. Very flavorful. I make exactly as recipe called for but I did add a pinch of cayenne for a little spice."
"I made this for the second time last night, and I must say it's really tasty! turkey cutlets are so soft and tender -- makes for a great cut of meat and something different than chicken or pork. I didn't really make any changes to the recipe, however, I did sprinkle a little more thyme and rosemary on the turkey once I got them in the skillet because it didn't look like enough to me. But that's a personal preference. The sauce was really good and creamy, and the paprika is a pretty touch."
"family of 5 and they were asking for seconds..."
"This was fantastic! I have never used turkey cutlets before, and these were great. I did add a little salt and pepper to the sauce, but it paired very well with the turkey. Paired it with "Green Bean Medley" also from healthy Cooking. Delicious! My husband was skeptical, but he loved it as well...adding it to our rotation."
"It's a keeper. We loved it and will make it for company!"
"Have made this recipe twice- some adjustments if I did not have all the ingredients on hand, but was very good-all who had it enjoyed it!"
"So easy, even my husband could make it!"