Quick Turkey Scallopini Recipe
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) turkey breast cutlets
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- Paprika, optional
- 1. In a shallow bowl, mix flour and seasonings. Dip cutlets in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat. Add turkey in batches and cook 2-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove to a serving plate; keep warm.
- 2. Add wine to pan; increase heat to medium-high. Cook 30 seconds, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and broth until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 3. Stir in sour cream and mustard; heat through. Pour over turkey. If desired, sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 4 servings.
4 ounces cooked turkey with about 2 tablespoons sauce equals 263 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 194 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.