Explains Kathy Faulk of East Hartford, Connecticut, "My husband is one of the biggest snackers around. I keep the ingredients on hand so I can whip up a batch of these nachos 'pronto'."
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 package (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- Tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce, chopped
- Tomatoes and/or green onions, optional
- In a skillet, brown the turkey; drain. Add taco seasoning and water; simmer for 15 minutes. Place the tortilla chips on a greased baking sheet. Layer with turkey, sour cream and salsa. Sprinkle with the cheeses.
- Microwave or broil for a few minutes or until cheese melts. Top with lettuce, tomatoes and/or onions if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Quick Turkey Nachos Snack in Taste of Home June/July 1994, p64
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Quick Turkey Nachos Snack
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2009
"I have made this many times. We Love it for a quick lunch on football Sundays."