Quick Turkey Nachos Snack Recipe
Explains Kathy Faulk of East Hartford, Connecticut, "My husband is one of the biggest snackers around. I keep the ingredients on hand so I can whip up a batch of these nachos 'pronto'."
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 package (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- Tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce, chopped
- Tomatoes and/or green onions, optional
- In a skillet, brown the turkey; drain. Add taco seasoning and water; simmer for 15 minutes. Place the tortilla chips on a greased baking sheet. Layer with turkey, sour cream and salsa. Sprinkle with the cheeses.
- Microwave or broil for a few minutes or until cheese melts. Top with lettuce, tomatoes and/or onions if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Quick Turkey Nachos Snack in Taste of Home June/July 1994, p64
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Quick Turkey Nachos Snack(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2009
I have made this many times. We Love it for a quick lunch on football Sundays.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Nacho Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Super Bowl Party Appetizers >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >