Quick Turkey Chop Suey Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken broth, undiluted, divided
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Hot cooked white or brown rice, optional
- 1. In a nonstick skillet or wok, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink; drain. Add 1 cup broth and next four ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until celery is tender.
- 2. Add bean sprouts. Combine the cornstarch, soy sauce and remaining broth; stir into turkey mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
One serving (1 cup chop suey, calculated without rice) equals 208 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 850 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Quick Turkey Chop Suey
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer