Quick Turkey Casserole Recipe
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed reduced-fat reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fine cornflake crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, cook onions and sugar in butter and oil over low heat for 15-20 minutes or until onions are golden brown, stirring frequently. Meanwhile, place cream cheese in a shallow microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on high for 20-30 seconds or until softened. Add soup; stir until blended. Add the rice, turkey, parsley, salt and pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Toss onions with cornflake crumbs; arrange over turkey mixture. Sprinkle with paprika. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until topping is heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 375 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 625 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.