Quick Turkey-Bean Soup Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1. In a soup kettle or Dutch oven over medium heat, brown turkey, garlic and onion in oil; drain. Add celery and peppers; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 2. Add broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, cayenne, basil and oregano; mix well. Bring to a boil. Add beans and corn. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Yield: 14-16 servings (4 quarts).
1 cup: 182 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 426mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Quick Turkey-Bean Soup
"This recipe was delicious! I had to tweak it a little because of what I had on hand, but it still worked great! I'll make this again!"
"Works well without the green pepper, needs the red pepper. I used turkey broth at first, but beef broth improved flavor. Fresh basil worked well. Used jarred garlic. Also used some diced can tomatoes and the stewed - (I made 1/3rd more of the soup.) Really liked this soup. Used my own frozen corn. This soup had a FRESH Flavor..."