This recipe calls for canned beans, so cooking time is minimal. I make soup mild and allow guests to add as much "heat" as they want with hot pepper sauce.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven over medium heat, brown turkey, garlic and onion in oil; drain. Add celery and peppers; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, cayenne, basil and oregano; mix well. Bring to a boil. Add beans and corn. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Yield: 14-16 servings (4 quarts).
Originally published as Quick Turkey-Bean Soup in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p100
Reviews for Quick Turkey-Bean Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review