Quick Tuna-Stuffed Tomatoes
Fresh tomatoes are hollowed out, then filled with a flavorful tuna salad mixture that gets crunch from celery and cashews.Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews, optional
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving
- a 1/2-in. shell for each. Invert tomatoes onto paper towels to
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, celery salt, dill and pepper. Stir
- in the tuna, celery and cashews if desired. Spoon into tomato
- shells. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed tomato (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise and water-packed tuna; calculated without cashews) equals 241 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 746 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon