Quick Tossed Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Romaine or other lettuce
- Tomatoes, mushrooms, cucumber, olives and/or other vegetables of choice
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; shake well. In a large bowl, combine lettuce and vegetables. Add the dressing and Parmesan cheese if desired; toss to coat. Yield: 1/2 cup dressing.
2 tablespoons: 142 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 162mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Quick Tossed Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette
"I agree, this was just okay. Seems like it's called "Italian salad" only because of the 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning! I would add some sliced pepperoncini."
"The salad was good, but the dressing was just okay. I would make it again, but it's not my absolute favorite."