Quick Tossed Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Romaine or other lettuce
- Tomatoes, mushrooms, cucumber, olives and/or other vegetables of choice
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; shake well. In a large bowl, combine lettuce and vegetables. Add the dressing and Parmesan cheese if desired; toss to coat. Yield: 1/2 cup dressing.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 142 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 162 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Quick Tossed Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette
"I agree, this was just okay. Seems like it's called "Italian Salad" only because of the 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning! I would add some sliced pepperoncini."
"The salad was good, but the dressing was just okay. I would make it again, but it's not my absolute favorite."