Salad's never been speedier than this! Gather up a few greens and vegetables, then make your own dressing by mixing together a mere five ingredients you most likely have right on hand.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Romaine or other lettuce
- Tomatoes, mushrooms, cucumber, olives and/or other vegetables of choice
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; shake well. In a large bowl, combine lettuce and vegetables. Add the dressing and Parmesan cheese if desired; toss to coat. Yield: 1/2 cup dressing.
Originally published as Italian Salad in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 1996, p11
Reviews for Quick Tossed Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review