Quick Tomato-Strawberry Spread
For a creative way to use up tomatoes from you garden, make this spread. The strawberry give it a fruity flavor everyone will enjoy.Myra Innes, Auburn, Kansas
18 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 20 min. + standing
- 2 cups chopped peeled ripe tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- In a large kettle, bring tomatoes and sugar to a boil over
- medium-high heat, stirring often. Reduce heat; simmer for 15
- minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Cool
- for 10 minutes. Pour into jars or freezer containers, leaving
- 1/2-in. headspace. Top with lids. Let stand until set, up to 24
- hours. Refrigerate or freeze. Yield: 2-2/3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 86 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 13 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.