For a creative way to use up tomatoes from you garden, make this spread. The strawberry give it a fruity flavor everyone will enjoy.—Myra Innes, Auburn, Kansas
Recommended: 30 Appetizer Recipes Ready in 15 Minutes
- 2 cups chopped peeled ripe tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- Rinse three 1-cup plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- In a large stockpot, bring tomatoes and sugar to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Cool 10 minutes.
- Fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers; immediately cover with lids. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours.
- Spread is now ready to use. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze extra containers up to 12 months. Thaw frozen jam in refrigerator before serving. Thaw frozen spread in refrigerator before serving. Yield: 2-2/3 cups.
Originally published as Quick Tomato/Strawberry Spread in Country Woman July/August 1994, p35
Reviews for Quick Tomato-Strawberry Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review