This one-skillet supper from the Taste of Home Cooking School Recipe Collection satisfies big appetites with its hearty mix of ingredients. (See page 66 for more about the cooking school.) For variety, add a cup of frozen vegetables or drained canned vegetables during the last 5-7 minutes of cooking.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Sliced green onions and sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and water; bring to a boil. Stir in macaroni.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Stir in cheese. Garnish with onions and sour cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Quick Tomato Mac 'n' Beef in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p33
Reviews for Quick Tomato Mac 'n' Beef
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review