Quick Tomato Mac 'n' Beef Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Sliced green onions and sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and water; bring to a boil. Stir in macaroni.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Stir in cheese. Garnish with onions and sour cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Quick Tomato Mac 'n' Beef
Sort By :
I made this for Christmas one year and everyone raved over it. I always double the recipe and only use 1/2 pound more ground beef. I also only use diced tomatoes and when I double I substitute one can of mild Ro-tel. It adds a nice kick to the flavor. I use dehydrated onion because my family isn't wild about a lot of onions in their food.
This is one of my favorite fast recipes! You can use any flavored tomato. I always add a cup of frozen mixed vegetables.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Macaroni Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >