Quick Tomato Cucumber Salad Recipe
Pretty color and great taste make this salad a favorite. I like to serve it when we have guests for dinner. It’s easy to prepare, and the dressing can be made several days in advance.
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 green onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1. For dressing, place the first eight ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in parsley. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Arrange the lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers on a serving platter or on salad plates; serve with dressing. Yield: 8 servings (1 cup dressing).
1 serving (1 each) equals 182 calories, 19 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC