Quick Toffee Bars
These buttery, beautiful, quick bars are my all-time favorite...and a fast way to fill the cookie jar when company's coming!
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 12 whole graham crackers, broken into quarters
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. jelly roll pan with waxed paper and
- grease the paper. Arrange graham crackers in pan and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and sugar over medium heat; let boil
- gently for 3 minutes. Spread evenly over graham crackers. Sprinkle
- nuts on top.
- Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool. Meanwhile, melt chocolate
- chips; spread over bars and allow to cool again. After chocolate is
- set, pan can be turned over so waxed paper can be peeled off. Bars
- can be frozen. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 181 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.