- 12 whole graham crackers, broken into quarters
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. jelly roll pan with waxed paper and grease the paper. Arrange graham crackers in pan and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and sugar over medium heat; let boil gently for 3 minutes. Spread evenly over graham crackers. Sprinkle nuts on top.
- Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool. Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips; spread over bars and allow to cool again. After chocolate is set, pan can be turned over so waxed paper can be peeled off. Bars can be frozen. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Quick Toffee Bars
Sort By :
"I had a difficult time peeling wax paper off of the bars. I did grease liberally. Will try silpat silicone non-stick mat next time. Taste is very good. Graham crackers did not break evenly or cut evenly out of the box. Prefer to leave graham crackers whole and cut with sharp knife when set. Also prefer milk chocolate, similar to the classic 'Heath' bar."
"So quick and easy - these are addicting! I love them even without the chocolate layer."
"I maded these bars for years everyone loves them and always ask for the recipe"
"I, too, would like to see a picture."
"I would like to see a picture"