- 12 whole graham crackers, broken into quarters
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. jelly roll pan with waxed paper and grease the paper. Arrange graham crackers in pan and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and sugar over medium heat; let boil gently for 3 minutes. Spread evenly over graham crackers. Sprinkle nuts on top.
- Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool. Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips; spread over bars and allow to cool again. After chocolate is set, pan can be turned over so waxed paper can be peeled off. Bars can be frozen. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Quick Toffee Bars in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p90
Reviews for Quick Toffee Bars(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >