- 12 whole graham crackers, broken into quarters
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. jelly roll pan with waxed paper and grease the paper. Arrange graham crackers in pan and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and sugar over medium heat; let boil gently for 3 minutes. Spread evenly over graham crackers. Sprinkle nuts on top.
- Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool. Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips; spread over bars and allow to cool again. After chocolate is set, pan can be turned over so waxed paper can be peeled off. Bars can be frozen. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Quick Toffee Bars in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p90
Reviews for Quick Toffee Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2014
"So quick and easy - these are addicting! I love them even without the chocolate layer."
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2009
"I maded these bars for years everyone loves them and always ask for the recipe"
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2009
"I, too, would like to see a picture."
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2008
"I would like to see a picture"